The Rhein - Valley Hospital in Nakuru-Kasambara opened in 2004 and is directed by Ruth Schäfer of Switzerland. The hospital relies solely on donations for buying food and medicine for the poor and suffering locals. Moreover, all funds are used directly for patient care. Every year thousands of people visit the hospital for medical help and nowadays also for food and shelter. Blog Editor: Kedar Misani.

You can send your donations to the Alpha Rheintal Bank, CH - 9442 Berneck, Switzerland; Clearing 6920, BIC RBABCH22926;
IBAN: CH75 06920016 1856 71206, Verein Rhein-Valley Hospital, CH - 9450 Altstätten, Switzerland.


Saturday, June 28, 2008

Visiting the water station in Thugunui

rs. Today I visited the water station that had been built with the help of Eddie Kroll in Thugunui. Our guard Nelson was just cleaning the house when I arrived. He informed me about a small whole in a tube that has to fixed, so I organized our sanitary person Kamau to come next week. Then I went to the "Hotel" of the village and saw they were preparing some local specialities. When I had my meal many school children came and asked if I brought something for them. Unfortunately I had nothing with me, perhaps next time. The teacher also appeared and said that I had some magic power; the children I recently visited finished school with high marks - much higher than the children in Kasambara. The local in Thugunui always enjoy when I come up the mountain to meet them and on the way I have to greet everybody. If not, they get mad at me! And I also keep getting offers to get some land from the locals to build my house there.

Sunshine Hotel in Thugunui

No comments: