The Rhein - Valley Hospital in Nakuru-Kasambara opened in 2004 and is directed by Ruth Schäfer of Switzerland. The hospital relies solely on donations for buying food and medicine for the poor and suffering locals. Moreover, all funds are used directly for patient care. Every year thousands of people visit the hospital for medical help and nowadays also for food and shelter. Blog Editor: Kedar Misani.

You can send your donations to the Alpha Rheintal Bank, CH - 9442 Berneck, Switzerland; Clearing 6920, BIC RBABCH22926;
IBAN: CH75 06920016 1856 71206, Verein Rhein-Valley Hospital, CH - 9450 Altstätten, Switzerland.


Saturday, June 14, 2008

Many signs of gratitude


rs. Today I had a meeting with our doctor Wanjara and nurse John. We discussed how to improve our team work and how to achieve new goals. One of these goal would be establishing a mobile clinic on the mountain. We will bring you more details when they are available.

Askari told me that the teacher here in Kasambara doesn't want the schoolchildren to go for lunch to our hospital ground. I have to speak with him next week. Otherways the children only get the food when they come home because we do not want to give out the meals. We had cases when they took out the meals to sell instead of consuming them.

When I wanted to leave the hospital facilities, a man approached me and asked me if I could take him to the next crossing. On the way he showed me his property and offered me to give me his house or even some land where I could build a house. He said that I am like an angel for the Kasambara people and he wants to give me something in return. I thanked him and politely said that I would have to think over the proposition. Anyway it's nice to see that these people are coming with such offers and with other words show their gratitude for what we are doing.

Our drinking water is always popular

No comments: