The Rhein - Valley Hospital in Nakuru-Kasambara opened in 2004 and is directed by Ruth Schäfer of Switzerland. The hospital relies solely on donations for buying food and medicine for the poor and suffering locals. Moreover, all funds are used directly for patient care. Every year thousands of people visit the hospital for medical help and nowadays also for food and shelter. Blog Editor: Kedar Misani.

You can send your donations to the Alpha Rheintal Bank, CH - 9442 Berneck, Switzerland; Clearing 6920, BIC RBABCH22926;
IBAN: CH75 06920016 1856 71206, Verein Rhein-Valley Hospital, CH - 9450 Altstätten, Switzerland.


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Visiting the Nakuru Press

rs. Early this morning I drove to the industrial district of Nakuru and went to the Nakuru Press, where all our printed patient cards are being printed. I was not allowed to take any pictures inside the building. Jakob, one of the workers helped me bringing the package to the car. Then, I realized that I have forgotten my disk with the file. I took the chance to ask if they would also produce receipt books and I gave an order of 100 pieces, to be finished next week. I was speaking with the workers ouside when suddenly the director came. He is an Indian man. The white people born here in Kenya are not so easy to understand. They have quite a different mentality. A strong resentment against the black is often to be felt.

No comments: